[Haskell-cafe] MD5? (was: Haskell performance question)

Thomas M. DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 20:50:22 EST 2007

I minor changes, fixing up my chunking function (finally) thus
eliminating the space leak.  Performance is now under 3x that of C!
Yay!  Also, nano MD5 benched at 1.15x 'C' (for files small enough for
strict ByteStrings to do ok).

Get the code:
darcs get http://code.haskell.org/~tommd/pureMD5

On the 2GB benchmark it is even more competitive (see my blog on
sequence.complete).  Let me know if you get significantly different
results (and you will if you IO doesn't horribly bottle neck you like on
my laptop).

-Tom

--
"The philosophy behind your actions should never change, on the other
hand, the practicality of them is never constant." - Thomas Main