[Haskell-cafe] Building Haskell stuff on Windows

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Thu Nov 8 18:04:07 EST 2007

andrewcoppin:
> Thomas Schilling wrote:

> >>Is that why Cabal packages never ever install on Windows?
> >>

> >Could you be more specific what your problems are?
> >

> Not to the point that anybody is likely to be able to help me...
>
> According to the instructions, if I'm understanding this correctly,
> you're supposed to be able to unpack a package, and do
>
>  runhaskell Setup configure
>  runhaskell Setup make
>  runhaskell Setup install

I usually install as  a user, and into my home directory, so the
following just works for the 100-odd haskell packages from hackage i
have installed currently:

   runhaskell Setup configure --user --prefix=$HOME
   runhaskell Setup make
   runhaskell Setup install --user

If that doesn't work, please report it to the author, and the libraries
list, possibly the cabal list. Drop by the IRC channel, we solve
problems in real time :)

-- Don