[Haskell-cafe] Standalone PNG module?

Cale Gibbard cgibbard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 23:42:53 EST 2007

On 06/11/2007, Peter Verswyvelen <bf3 at telenet.be> wrote:
> I would like to load 32-bit images (RGB+alpha) for use with GLUT/OpenGL.
>
> I know GTK2HS has support for loading images, but does a standalone Haskell
> (wrapper) module exists for loading images?
>
> PNG or TGA would be enough for me.

The Imlib2 binding (called Imlib-0.1.0) on Hackage provides the
necessary tools to load and manipulate images in a variety of formats
including PNG, but it's under-documented and a little rough and
untested.

I'm currently working on a new version with proper documentation, a
number of bugfixes, and a somewhat more Haskellish interface.

 - Cale