[Haskell-cafe] built-in lists vs inductively defined list

José Miguel Vilaça jmvilaca at di.uminho.pt
Wed May 9 13:15:51 EDT 2007

Hi again,

IMHO for what concerns to the language they only differ in syntax. They are
equal up to constructor names.

What could be the case is that some compiler could do some optimizations
that end up with better performance in time and space when using lists.
But for what people gently ask me, the optimizations are in the functions
over list and not in the data structure itself.

Do you know something about an implementation that does something about the
data structure itself?

Best
Miguel Vilaça