[Haskell-cafe] Pulling a monad out of a functor

Bryan Burgers bryan.burgers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 00:56:49 EST 2007

> http://haskell.org/ghc/dist/current/docs/libraries/base/Data-Traversable.html
>
> pull is sequence, fmapM is mapM (also see the sequenceA, traverse
> functions for the more general case of applicative functors vs. monads)
>

> Stefan

Ah yes, thank you! Saying "It seems to me that if this were a class, the
implementor would be defining a traversing order by defining pull"
should have tipped me off to check out the 'Traversable' class before
asking (but, having probably only seen that class once or twice before
in passing, it was probably too deep in my head for quick retrieval).

Bryan