[Haskell-cafe] haskell version of fractal benchmark

brad clawsie clawsie at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 7 18:15:41 EDT 2007

i recently saw a (yet-another) benchark comparing various languages:

http://www.timestretch.com/FractalBenchmark.html

while no haskell example was listed, i thought i would try a naive
implementation myself for comparison. it is available here:

http://www.b7j0c.org/dev/haskell/misc/time.hs

my timing of the compiled code was slightly under three seconds over a
few tests, landing sort of where i would expect a naive haskell
implementation to place. i am sure people here could greatly improve
my attempt. it may be that my solution is not even correct.