[Haskell-cafe] RE: [Haskell] boilerplate boilerplate

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 06:12:54 EDT 2007

Hi

On 6/1/07, Alex Jacobson <alex at alexjacobson.com> wrote:
> I suppose a deriveAll command from template haskell would work.  Is that
> really possible?

Asking people who have more knowledge of template haskell, I'm still not sure.

What it would really rely on is:

getDataDeclarationsInCurrentModule :: Q [Dec]

Whether that can be done or not is still not something I'm sure on.

We may be able to do a deriveTransitive which would work if you had
one over-arching type that contained all the other types (which you
almost always will). I'm waiting for information about that on another
thread.

Thanks

Neil