[Haskell-cafe] snoc vs cons

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr
Tue Jul 24 16:13:41 EDT 2007

Derek Elkins writes:

> On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 17:34 +0100, Eric wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a good article which discusses snoc vs cons lists?
>
> There's no reason to; there is no difference between a snoc list and a
> cons list.

Still, it (snoc) may be considered as a useful exercice in recursion,
patterns, generalization, and whatever. This is not a good answer : "just
no".

Look :
http://trevion.blogspot.com/2006/12/little-knowledge-gets-you-long-way.html
http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/cache/papers/cs/1482/http:zSzzSzbrahms.fmi.uni-p
assau.dezSzclzSzpaperszSzGesGor97b.pdf/geser97parallelizing.pdf
http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/cache/papers/cs/27853/http:zSzzSzwww-2.cs.cmu.ed
uzSz~rwhzSzcourseszSzmoduleszSzpaperszSzwadler87zSzpaper.pdf/wadler86views.p
df

and some others.
And, anyway, when I was young, my Master used to say:
"If you have nothing to say, then."

Jerzy Karczmarczuk