[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: nobench: Haskell implementaion benchmarks. GHC v Hugs v Yhc v NHC v ...

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 05:55:04 EST 2007

Hi Dons,

>     nobench
>     http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/nobench.html

Yhc is consistently half the speed of nhc, whereas in our tests, its
typically 20% faster. Can you make sure you've  built Yhi with -O
(scons type=release should do it). I opened a bug just a few days ago,
because I realised all benchmark's would get run at no optimisation
otherwise :)

If anyone wants a project finding out what flags to build Yhi with to
get the best performance here would be nice to see :)

Why does the integrate benchmark import both System and
System.Environment? Yhc currently doesn't export getArgs from System,
only System.Environment. (And yes, we really should fix that!)

Thanks

Neil