[Haskell-cafe] Re: Importing Data.Char speeds up ghc around 70%

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 17:34:45 EST 2007

Hi

> Yes - the same difference: 1.33 minutes vs. 2.30 now.
>
> I was near at reporting this as a bug, but rejected that idea. What does "bug"
> mean here ?

If it can be reproduced on anyones machine, it is a bug. If you can
bundle up two programs which don't read from stdin (i.e. no getLine
calls) or the standard arguments (i.e. getArgs) which differ only by
the Data.Char import, and have massive speed difiference, then report
a bug.

You should probably also give your GHC versions and platforms etc.

Thanks

Neil