[Haskell-cafe] Dynamic typing of polymorphic functions

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 15:13:10 EST 2007

Hi

> OK, If you managed to read until this point, you might have noticed
> that, due to the monomorphism restriction implied by Data.Typeable, it
> is impossible to build polymorphic processes.

Tom Shackell had similar issues with passing code around at runtime.
As a result Yhc contains the Yhc.Dynamic module which gives you all
polymorphic dynamic typing. It's integrated into the compiler and
runtime system.

I don't think anything is written up on it yet, sadly. I'm not sure it
will be much use to you, other than to say you aren't the first to
have these thoughts.

Thanks

Neil