[Haskell-cafe] IO is a bad example for Monads

Dan Piponi dpiponi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 15:40:02 EST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 11:00 AM, Henning Thielemann
<lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:

> Does Haskell need quick&dirty hackers?

The question isn't "Does Haskell need quick&dirty hackers?" It's
"would we get better software (using your favourite metric) if we put
Haskell into the hands of quick and dirty hackers?". I think the
answer might be yes.

Note also that there are many classes of people who fit the "quick and
dirty" category. There are people who have busy full time jobs and who
might benefit greatly from Haskell if they could get started
relatively quickly. There are people whose primary job is not
programming but who still need to program (eg. to script their
applications). And of course there are people who who are just quick
and dirty hackers by nature.
--
Dan