[Haskell-cafe] Writing forum software in Haskell

Max Strini idletalk at fastmail.fm
Sun Sep 24 16:00:53 EDT 2006

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 13:20:54 +0100, "Sebastian Sylvan"
<sylvan at student.chalmers.se> said:
> On 9/24/06, David House <dmhouse at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> > * What would be a list of things to avoid like the plague?
>
> Too many formatting options (italic and bold should do it), avatars, sigs
> etc.

As text is more pleasant to read in proportional fonts, and code in
monospaced fonts, I think a "code" formatting option is important to
have.  Some kind of TeX-based math markup could also be a useful
addition, given Haskell's ties to formal computer science.

Max Strini