[Haskell-cafe] does the compiler optimize repeated calls?

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 08:48:51 EDT 2006

Hi,

On 9/6/06, Tamas K Papp <tpapp at princeton.edu> wrote:
> or does the compiler perform this optimization?  More generally, if a
> function is invoked with the same parameters again (and it doesn't
> involve anything like monads), does does it makes sense
> (performancewise) to "store" the result somewhere?

I was wondering something like this too, and then I found this email:
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-bugs/2004-December/004530.html

So I guess it is as Stephane said: theoretically possible but not actually done?

--eric the perpetual newbie

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.