[Haskell-cafe] Haddock Parse Errors

SevenThunders mattcbro at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 6 13:49:54 EDT 2006

SevenThunders wrote:

> I am trying to use Haddock for the first time on windows for a
> reasonably large project.

After playing around with this some, it appears that some of my parse errors
are occuring on functions
that have no explicit type declarations.  E.g. things like

	--  | tells us if its a submatrix (better to use pattern matching)
	issub x = case x of
		Rindx n -> False
		Rsubindx n -> True

Some of these functions are really annoying to write type declarations for.
Maybe I'll get ghci to do it for me and use cut and paste :)

I thought Haddock was just supposed to ignore these cases!
The bottom line is that I just don't understand why I get parse errors in
most cases.