[Haskell-cafe] Re: OOHaskell problems

oleg at pobox.com oleg at pobox.com
Wed Oct 4 02:18:17 EDT 2006

> I wanted to try using OOHaskell as a library, but I've run into some
> problems I don't understand.
> I downloaded the copy from:
> http://homepages.cwi.nl/~ralf/OOHaskell/

both HList and OOHaskell are now available via DARCS
	http://darcs.haskell.org/HList/
	http://darcs.haskell.org/OOHaskell/

I admit quite a few imports within these libraries are unqualified
(e.g., `import Record' rather than `import HList.Record' or probably
better `import Data.HList.Record'). Perhaps that's what is causing
your package problems. Incidentally, adding the full qualification
forces us to consider under which tree to put HList. Directly under
Data?  Perhaps some other place would be more appropriate?