[Haskell-cafe] New Name for MissingH?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 09:06:55 EST 2006

Hi

> The alternative I've been thinking of is something like Haskell Utility
> Library (HUL).

Yuk. I like MissingH. MissingH suggests things that are missing from
the standard set and provided here. HsMissing would be my preferred
choice, but its not really important.

Haskell says which language its written in, library says its a
library, and utility tells me nothing (the word is too overloaded). By
the end I know its a Haskell library...

I think the problem isn't that the name is confusing, but that no one
knows it exists or what it does. Things like adding it to the Hoogle
database would probably help, along with greater "there is a function
for that in MissingH" posts to the haskell-cafe list as people ask.

Thanks

Neil