[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] (.) . (.)

Brian Hulley brianh at metamilk.com
Mon May 29 14:13:39 EDT 2006

Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> brianh:
>> How did you know to write ((.).(.)) instead of (\f g a b -> f (g a
>> b)) ?
>
> If you play with the @pointless plugin in lambdabot
>    http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Pointfree

Thanks for pointing this out :-)

I'm reminded of Spock rebuilding his mind with the help of 3 computers in
Star Trek IV!!!

> it becomes almost second nature with practice :)

Seriously though - this is an interesting way forward. My luddite tendencies
always send me towards pencil and paper but iiuc what you're saying is that
I should go for the immersive approach and think of it like learning a
foreign language, and actually make use of the technology for conceptual
development.

I'll have to try this out...

Best regards, Brian.

strive mightily unseen to destroy us.