[Haskell-cafe] ghc-pkg on Windows XP

Jeff Polakow jeff.polakow at db.com
Wed Jun 21 10:21:51 EDT 2006

Hello,

  I have installed ghc-6.4.2 on a windows XP machine. However, the machine
refuses to execute ghc-pkg (thus preventing me from using Cabal) and
complains that "C:\ghc\ghc-6.4.2\bin\ghc-pkg.exe is not a valid Win32
application."  Is there something obvious I might have overlooked while
installing?

Also, I am new to using ghc on windows and was wondering what are the
trade-offs of using cygwin or minsys versus just living in a emacs shell?

thanks,
  Jeff