[Haskell-cafe] Expanding do notation

David F. Place d at VIDPLACE.COM
Sat Jan 7 14:46:26 EST 2006

On Jan 7, 2006, at 2:23 PM, Chris Kuklewicz wrote:

> The mantra is : Bindings are not variables
>
> The best, official thing to read is section 3.12 of the Haskell98
> Report:
>
> http://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/exps.html#sect3.12

Yes, I had already looked there, but didn't achieve enlightenment.
Thanks for your efforts in describing it.  I'll work on understanding
it.  My mind is definitely stuck in a lisp-y world view.  I wonder if
there is a more lambda calculus-y way of describing this?  I have a
vague memory that this can all be translated into combinators that
don't involve variables at all.

David F. Place
mailto:d at vidplace.com