[Haskell-cafe] Memoization

Gerd M gerd_m1977 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 7 14:08:48 EDT 2005

I still don't get it. I changed my code to structurally match your example
(see below) but the result is still the same...

f 1 s     (HMM s0 _   sts)  =  s ??? sts s0
f t s hmm = memory hmm Map.! (t,s)

memory hmm@(HMM s0 sss sts)
             = Map.fromList [ ((t,s),f' t s hmm) | t <- [1..100], s <- sss ]

f' 1 s     (HMM s0 _   sts)  =  s ??? sts s0
f' t s hmm@(HMM s0 sss sts)
         = sum [ (f (t-1) s' hmm) * (s ??? sts s')  | s' <- sss ]