[Haskell-cafe] GHC ignores RTS options

Dusan Kolar kolar at fit.vutbr.cz
Wed Nov 16 02:53:18 EST 2005

Hello,

  I wonder whether anybody could advise me how to pass
correctly RTS options to ghc? I've tried

  ghc +RTS -K4M --RTS -O program.hs -o aO.out
  ghc +RTS -K4M -RTS -O program.hs -o aO.out
  ghc -O program.hs -o aO.out +RTS -K4M
  ghc -O program.hs +RTS -K4M --RTS -o aO.out

and many others, with other sizes (10M, 12M), but program
always(!) stops with:

 Stack space overflow: current size 8388608 bytes.
 Use `+RTS -Ksize' to increase it.

Even time of execution is always the same and thus the
RTS option on stack size is ignored.

What can I do so that the option IS taken into account?
My GHC version says:
ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.4.1

  Thanks & regards

    Dusan