[Haskell-cafe] Trashing of memory: How to troubleshoot and fix?

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 09:16:22 EST 2005

Well, I was suspecting FPS but I removed all FPS usage and went with
regular lists. The program still crashes. I did not see a "malloc:
memory exhausted" error from ghci this time, it just crashed with an
application error while writing to some random memory location.

I built a separate exe (this is Windows) and ran it in gdb for a
segmentation violation in with this stack trace:

?? ()
s7yw_info ()
?? ()

The only C++ in this code is called to initialize SSL when a server
connection is established.   I do not have memory checking in that
code, maybe I should put it in.

A much bigger issue seems all that temporary data that I'm generating
so I'm working on that.

	Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/