[Haskell-cafe] interesting IO oriented code

Bryce Bockman bryce at jfet.net
Thu Mar 17 16:27:58 EST 2005

I've been wondering lately, about the shootout results.  Is there some
Haskell Language intrinsic reason that OCaml performs so well in
comparison to Haskell in the shootout (e.g. even optimized Haskell code
will allways be slower because of overhead of language features or
something like this), or is a maturity issue.  In 5 years from now will we
always be able to match or surpass OCaml's efficiency?  I realize the
benchmarks are arbitrary, but it's just something I've been wondering about.

--Bryce