[Haskell-cafe] Compiling ghc with openal

Ron iampure at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:11:55 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am configuring ghc from source(no Ports(since that is broken for
this purpose too)) on freebsd 5.4:

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/X11R6/include/  -I/usr/local/include/
-L/usr/local/lib/       " ./configure

I had  issues with opengl, which were resolved by adding the first dir
to CPPFLAGS, but it seems impossible to get ghc to recongize OpenAL,
while I have it in  /usr/local/lib

libogg.a              libogg.so             libopenal.a
libopenal.so.0        liborbit-c-backend.a
libogg.la             libogg.so.5           libopenal.so
libopenal.so.0.0.8

In /usr/local/include/AL, I have
al.h            alc.h           alctypes.h      alext.h
alexttypes.h    altypes.h       alut.h          aluttypes.h

I get this:
checking for library containing alGenSources... no
configure: WARNING: no OpenAL library found, so this package will not be built

So, basically the question is: how do I tell ghc to "find" OpenAL?

Regards, Ron