[Haskell-cafe] Arbitrary files in a Cabal package: how to install

Dimitry Golubovsky dimitry at golubovsky.org
Sun Jul 24 02:32:27 EDT 2005

I am trying to use Cabal for buiding HSFFIG as a package. Among other
files to install I have the special template for hsc2hs which is a C
include file. If I specify it in the Includes: clause nothing happens:
it is not copied anywhere during installation.

I need this file to be placed somewhere in the package instalation
location, so when programs are compiled with my package could include
that file.

Of course I may specify additional step in the Makefile, but it would be
more consistent to do this in Cabal.

How can arbitrary files be declared parts of a package, and destination
directories for them be specified?

I am using the simplified (?) version of Cabal that Ross suggested whrn
I asked in this list whether it would be possible to use it with older GHC.

Dimitry Golubovsky
Middletown, CT