[Haskell-cafe] How to variables

Adrian Hey ahey at iee.org
Tue Jul 19 12:27:52 EDT 2005

On Monday 18 Jul 2005 8:06 pm, robert dockins wrote:
> Some people may suggest that you to create top-level IORefs using
> unsafePerformIO, but I don't recommend that for this situation.

Well I can't imagine which particular people you have in mind :-)

But, as a vocal advocate of sound support for top level mutable
state, I would just like to go on record as saying I certainly
would not advocate it for this problem.

But then again, I wouldn't advocate the use of explicit "entire
program state" record passing either :-)

Regards
--
Adrian Hey