[Haskell-cafe] Re: Battling time leaks

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Tue Dec 20 08:38:42 EST 2005

Hello Joel,

>> It looks like I successfully squashed my time leaks and moving my
>> serialization to Ptr Word8 got me as close to the metal as
>> possible. I'm still getting wierd results, though, and they look
>> like a time leak.
>>
>> ORANGE ALERT: 0s, 6s, SrvServerInfo

can you say what it exactly means? we are not mastered in your code.
some common explanation like "my program takes 6 seconds to
deserialize 50kb of data on Pentium4/3ghz" will be more understabdable

if your current problem is deserialization speed, i can give you my
own library. it now runs about 500kb/sec on 1ghz processor

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com