[Haskell-cafe] Re: syscall, sigpause and EINTR on Mac OSX

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Mon Dec 12 09:38:13 EST 2005

Hello Branimir,

BM> If GHC implements user space threads that would be great,
BM> but that does not helps with your problems.

ghc (and any other haskell implememtations which implements Concurrent
Haskell extensions) implement IT'S OWN threads. switching occurcs just
inside RTS. this is how we can manage thousands of threads with
acceptable speed. see "Writing High-Performance Server Applications in
Haskell, Case Study: A Haskell Web Server"
(http://www.haskell.org/~simonmar/papers/web-server.ps.gz)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com