[Haskell-cafe] fptools in darcs now available

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Apr 27 23:51:50 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am pleased to announce that I have used tailor.py to successfully
convert the entire history of fptools HEAD branch, dating back to
1996, from CVS to darcs.  For those of you that don't know, fptools
represents the development area for the GHC Haskell compiler as well
as many other related projects.  It contains 21,949 changesets.

You may check out the darcs repository by running:

   darcs get --partial http://darcs.complete.org/fptools

*IMPORTANT REQUEST* PLEASE use --partial when you download this.  If
you really want a full copy of the repo to play with, contact me
offline and I can give you a tar.bz2 somewhere.  This server is not
really set up to handle requests for 21,000 individual files.

Currently, there is one checkpoint, made near the present time.  I am
going to try to add some more at various points in history if that
would be useful.  I'm not quite sure how to checkpoint old versions in
a repo yet, though, so if anyone has tips...  send 'em my way.

Anyway, comments welcome.

I intend to sync this up with the CVS sources every few days until
either 1) the fptools people adopt darcs, or 2) it becomes apparent
that it's not being useful for people.

-- John