[Haskell-cafe] Re: Top Level TWI's again was Re: [Haskell] Re: Parameterized Show

Benjamin Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Tue Nov 23 05:42:01 EST 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 10:03, you wrote:
> But - why would you want to use a pure C function. The chances of any
> useful C library function being pure are slim - and the performance of GHC
> in some of the benchmarks shows that there is hardly any speed advantage

The typical case (for me) is a foreign library exporting mostly non-pure
routines, but with one or two pure functions among them.

But as has been stated already, unsafePerformIO is not needed in this case.

BTW, if you reply to the list anyway, don't reply to me in person. Otherwise I
get everything duplicated (and it goes onto the wrong folder ;-).

Ben
--
Top level things with identity are evil.	-- Lennart Augustsson