[Haskell-cafe] One-shot? (was: Global variables and stuff)

Keean Schupke k.schupke at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Nov 12 11:01:36 EST 2004

This still has a problem. Lets say B implements some useful function that
relies on A. Now also C implements some different useful function and also
relies on A in its implementation. If there is only one A.a then using
both B
and C features in the same code will potentally break both B and C. The only
thing that makes sense in this case is that the A imported by B is distinct
from the A imported by C.

The problem as far as I can see it is that you can create sensible
examples that
require the behaviour to be one way or the other. Perhaps one solution
is to allow
top level '<-' but to not allow them to be exported?

    Keean.