[Haskell-cafe] Sample rate inference

Andreas Bauer baueran at in.tum.de
Thu Nov 11 08:43:03 EST 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 10:49:13AM +0100, Henning Thielemann wrote:

>  The computation sample rate should be propagated through the network as
> follows:
>   If in a component of equal sample rate some processors have the same
> fixed sample rate, all uncertain processors must adapt that.
>   If some processors have different fixed sample rates this is an error.
>   If no processor has a fixed sample rate, the user must provide one
> manually.
>  To me this looks very similar to type inference.

To me, it looks like "clock inference".  Just making sure: have you
had a look at (yet another) functional language namely Lustre?

 http://www-verimag.imag.fr/SYNCHRONE/lustre-english.html

--
(o_  Andreas Bauer, baueran at in.tum.de, http://www4.in.tum.de/~baueran/
//\  "2B or not 2B that is FF." -- Tom Clancy