[Haskell-cafe] (Re arrows and Haskell) ...

Andy Elvey andy.elvey at paradise.net.nz
Sun Nov 7 10:19:20 EST 2004

On Saturday 06 November 2004 08:36 am, you wrote:

 < snip >

> It might be an immense project, but I also think it would be interesting.
> I wonder if Haskell would be much faster after being restructured around
> arrows.
> If an arrow-based version of Haskell existed, I'd love to try it.
>
> I think it's entirely possible that it would have significant benefits in
> speed, elegance, and structural simplicity.
> --
> Shae Matijs Erisson - Programmer

  Hi Shae!  Thanks for your comments, and i agree totally!
  It would indeed be very interesting, and I tend to agree too that speed
might be helped if this were done.
  ( and yes - I'd love to try an arrow-based Haskell too! ).
  While I was mulling this over this morning, I was thinking how (or even
"if" ) an EBNF grammar (Haskell's in this case) could be represented in terms
or arrows.  I stopped pretty quickly as it made my head hurt just thinking
about it ... :-))
 - Andy