[Haskell-cafe] GUI

Arjan van IJzendoorn afie at cs.uu.nl
Mon Dec 27 05:44:49 EST 2004

> However, I want to know if there has been any practical
> standardisation in the GUI area.  Last time I looked at this it seemed
> some decisions had been made (bind to existing api - wxWindows?).  I
> am waiting for some real standardisation and a mature API before I
> jump ship from Java for my day-to-day programming.

wxHaskell is available at http://www.wxhaskell.sfnet.org/
It runs on Windows, Linux and MacOS X. It has many GUI controls,
database access, is well documented and perfectly stable. We use this
toolkit for a Bayesian network tool, Dazzle. See
http://www.cs.uu.nl/dazzle/images/screenshot.jpg for a screenshot.

Have fun, Arjan