[Haskell-cafe] Named function fields vs. type classes

Ralf Laemmel Ralf.Laemmel at cwi.nl
Tue Dec 14 09:59:46 EST 2004

Major apologies for this repeated plug for HList.

Anyway, HLists [1] are *exactly* designed for this sort of problem.
Well, one can also use existential quantification + bounded polymorphism;
with the shapes benchmark providing a good example [2]. The trade-offs are
explored a little bit on the OOHaskell slides and in the corresponding
code base [3].

Cheers,
Ralf

[1] http://homepages.cwi.nl/~ralf/HList/