[Haskell-cafe] FiniteMapFiniteMap

S. Alexander Jacobson alex at alexjacobson.com
Thu Dec 9 11:04:05 EST 2004

I would like to read a large finitemap off of a
disk faster than the time it takes to read the
entire list of pairs.

My solution is to save it as a bunch of smaller
lists of pairs covering various key intervals (or
recency intervals).  I then can readfile all of
these lists back into a bunch of finitemaps.
Because readfile is lazy my program can start very
quickly without waiting to read the contents of
all of these files.

To make this solution work, I need some
datastructure that looks like a finitemap but
operates on a bunch of them organized either in
parallel (key interval model) or series (time
interval model).  Is there some pre-existing
data structure that does this or do I need to roll
my own?

Or is there a better way to (de-)serialize
FiniteMaps?

-Alex-