[Haskell-cafe] Sound library?

Jeremy Shaw jeremy.shaw at linspireinc.com
Fri Dec 3 15:30:50 EST 2004

At Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:39:45 -0500,
Jason Bailey wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; ISO-8859-1 (7bit)>]
> I'm new to Haskell so I didn't realize it had that much of a performance
> issue. If you could find those bindings I'd appreciate it, at the very
> least it would give me a starting point on where to go frrom here.

I actually have no idea how fast a native haskell implementation would
be. But I do know that it would take a long time to write one compared
to writing libmad bindings :) Writing a good quality mp3 decoder is a
big project.

This page ought to give you an idea of how easy it is to get wrong:

http://www.underbit.com/resources/mpeg/audio/compliance/

The only *downside* of libmad I found is that it is GPL, not LGPL or
BSD. But, even then, they offer a commercial license, so...

I will attempt to get what I have online tomorrow...

Jeremy Shaw.

--

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the
addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone