[Haskell-cafe] Top-level state debate on the wiki

Ben Rudiak-Gould Benjamin.Rudiak-Gould at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Dec 2 07:47:12 EST 2004

Keean Schupke wrote:
 >Ben Rudiak-Gould wrote:
 >>[...]
 >
 >Just a small comment on the Wiki page... it says
 >
 >"Several real-life examples of pure haskell code which needs fast global
 >variables to either be implemented efficiently or statically guarantee
 >their invariants are given in
 >http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/haskell/2004-November/014929.html"

I don't know if this post was meant specifically for me, but in any case
I didn't write the sentence quoted above. Other people have already
added material to my original wiki page, and I encourage you to do the
same if you disagree with what's there right now.

To everyone who's posted in this thread: I think you're misunderstanding
what I meant by the phrase "on the wiki". :-) My hope was/is that this
whole debate /moves/ to the wiki exclusively. My impression is that the
mailing-list debate has made no progress for some time (weeks) and
almost all of the traffic now consists of weekly or daily repetitions of
the same old points and counterpoints. This is a sign that the time has
come to move to a discussion format that doesn't require reiteration.

-- Ben