Modeling multiple inheritance

ozone at algorithm.com.au ozone at algorithm.com.au
Thu Sep 25 12:21:59 EDT 2003

On 25/09/2003, at 7:22 AM, Brandon Michael Moore wrote:

> I'm trying to build a nicer interface over the one generated by
> jvm-bridge. I'm using fancy type classes to remove the need to mangle
> method names. I would like methods to be automatcially inherited,
> following an inheritance hierarcy defined with another set of type
> classes.

Hi Brandon, it looks like the way that you're modelling inheritance and
OO-style overloading is basically the same way that I did in my thesis:

     http://www.algorithm.com.au/mocha

The actual implementation of the thesis will be up in CVS in ~24 hours,
I'm just waiting from an email back from the people I'm getting it
hosted with.

If you want a quick run-down on how I did the OO-style overloading
without delving into the paper, let me know and I'll post a quick
summary.  I've only skimmed your email, but I think that the problem
you're having with interfaces is solved with the way I'm modelling OO
overloading and class inheritance.

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save