Thanks: (was Question about categories)

Daniel Yokomiso daniel_yokomiso at yahoo.com.br
Mon Sep 22 14:38:00 EDT 2003

 --- Graham Klyne <GK at ninebynine.org> escreveu:

[snip]

> [2] http://www.di.ens.fr/users/longo/download.html
> which has a link to content of the (apparently)
> out-of-print book:
> [[
> CATEGORIES TYPES AND STRUCTURES
> An Introduction to Category Theory for the working
> computer scientist
> Andrea Asperti
> Giuseppe Longo
> FOUNDATIONS OF COMPUTING SERIES, M.I.T. PRESS, 1991
> ]]

    Seems to be this book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0262011255/qid=1064248079/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/002-2181686-7144062?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

    There's also a list of some books about it:

http://www.booksunderreview.com/Science/Math/Algebra/Category_Theory/

    BTW I tried to connect to
ftp.ens.fr/pub/dmi/users/longo/CategTypesStructures
(as informed in an Amazon review) but failed. Someone
knows of another place where we can legally obtain the
postscript files (if they exist at all)?

    Best regards,
    Daniel Yokomiso.