Library documentation

Per Larsson per@L4i.se
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 17:17:59 +0200

On Friday 05 September 2003 16.35, Konrad Hinsen wrote:
> Is there any place where I can find an introductory documentation for t=
he
> Haskell libraries? To be more concrete, say I am interested in using
> Data.Array.ST.STUArray. I would need some explanation of the ST monad, =
and
> then an explanation of how I can use an STUArray in an ST monad. Plus
> ideally examples. But the same applies to most of the libraries. I can'=
> find any documentation other than the very terse reference or the parts
> that happen to be covered by textbooks.
>
> Konrad.

I have the same problem and as far as I know there is only haddock genera=
ted=20
html-documentation from sparse source comments available for many parts o=
f=20
the library. But for some of the modules you can get exactly the  informa=
tion=20
you are asking for, e.g. the Parsec module has its own readable documenta=
tion=20
at http://www.cs.uu.nl/~daan/parsec.html and the Control.Monad module
has recently been superbly documented by John Newbern at=20
http://www.nomaware.com/monads/html/.

Best Regards
Per