replacing guile with haskell?

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Oct 18 08:06:20 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 06:17:00PM -0400, Isaac Jones wrote:
> David Roundy <droundy at jdj5.mit.edu> writes:
>
> >> Do you want to embed Haskell code or to embed a Haskell interpreter?
> >
> > I actually would like to embed a Haskell interpreter.
>
> (snip)
>
> > Hmmmm.  I may be able to get by without calling haskell functions from C.
> > Most of the work would be done in C, and haskell would just be the "glue"
> > language to let the user flexibly specify what he/she wants done.
>
> I've always wanted to see some way to do embed Haskell in an
> application the way you can for Guile.  This would be great for
> Embedded Domain-Specific languages :)
>
> Is that what you've got here?

Yeah, that's essentially what I've got.  The only difference being that in
my case "usually" user's shouldn't need to know that they are using a
programming language.  Which is why using a declarative language sounds so
nice.  I'll have to explain to users the difference between "actions" and
"definitions", but that shouldn't be too hard as long as users don't
realize they are programming!  :)  Declarative statements are how you'd
normally expect an input file to behave (i.e. the order doesn't matter).
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org/darcs