Functional Code Generation

Brandon Michael Moore brandon at its.caltech.edu
Wed Nov 19 03:30:07 EST 2003

I think I remeber seeing a paper about techniques for writing code
generators in Haskell targeting stack based bytecodes that encoded
bytecode sequences in a way that the typechecker could give you some
sanity guarantees, and then talked a bit about using dynamic programming
for optimizing bytecode sequences. I haven't turned up anything searching
Google and CiteSeer (though I don't really know good words to search for),
so I'm hoping someone here remembers. A friend of mine is implementing
a Scheme -> OCaml bytecode compiler for a class and I think some of the
ideas from that paper would help, whatever they were.

Thanks

Brandon