AW: Heap profiling in GHC broken?

Markus.Schnell at infineon.com Markus.Schnell at infineon.com
Tue Nov 4 14:26:02 EST 2003

I have no idea how to set up cvs under windows to get things
from a non-local repository, but anyway, profiling worked on
the macintosh.

I spent the whole weekend plus monday to find the space leak,
but eventually I did.
Heap Profiling was very helpful there.

Unfortunately, space leaks are barely mentioned in the Haskell
books/tutorials, but they are a real burden if you want to run
programs for larger problems.

A tutorial on this by one of the experts would be very welcome.
:-)

Thanks,
Markus