searching for a substring

Nick Name nick.name@inwind.it
Thu, 8 May 2003 11:32:56 +0200

On Thu, 08 May 2003 22:47:25 +1200
sashan <sashang@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>  I've written a function that checks for a substring in a given
>  string. This seems like a common thing to do and was wondering if
>  there is a function that does this in one of the standard modules.

Hal Dume III has given a simple solution to you; if you are looking for
something more elaborate and efficient you should consult some text on
pattern-matching implementation; there are already written functions for
pattern matching in haskell, but not in the standard library, try
looking at the haskell site, maybe you are interested in

http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~meurig/regexp/

Vincenzo