AW: Yet Another Monad Tutorial

Markus.Schnell@infineon.com Markus.Schnell@infineon.com
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:08:29 +0200

> The overall message I have taken from your post is that I need to
> be more precise to convey the correct information and avoid confusion
> (or worse, misinformation).

As I understood it, the tutorial should be instructive. So I would not
try to be more precise at the beginning, because too much detail would
lead to confusion for a beginner.
Start with something like "I'm now telling you some lies, which make
it easier to grasp the idea of the monad, but further down the road,
I'll reexplain some concepts and be more precise there."
This was done by Don Knuth for the Typesetting-Books and it worked
very well (for me).

I hope this is a sensible idea.

Markus

--