Question about typing

andrew@andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk andrew@andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 13:07:44 +0100

Is there a class that both lists and lazy streams could implement, so
that zip et al could be more general?  The distinction between 2 and 3
below seems a bit arbitrary.  Something like fmap/Functor?  (If there
is, I guess it could apply to 1 too?; if not, why not - is it
impractical (efficiency?) or just wrong?)

Curious,
Andrew