[GUI] CGA Proposal

Axel Simon A.Simon@kent.ac.uk
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 09:21:21 +0200

On Thursday, Aug 14, 2003, at 12:18 Europe/Paris, Nick Name wrote:

> Il 08:31, gioved=EC 14 agosto 2003, hai scritto:
>> It seems that the three platforms Windows,
>> Gnome and Mac
>
> The kde environment was written with macos and windows in mind, so =
it's
> highly probable that any specification that can look and feel native =
on
> gnome,mac and windows can also feel the same on kde. Perhaps it would=20=

> be
> better to ask on the main haskell list or on the kde development list=20=

> for a
> confirmation. If my english does not suck too much :) and there is=20
> consensus
> on also supporting kde I can take care of this job when in Pisa (after=20=

> 24
> aug.) so we will be sure to be able to support kde too. Or else we'll=20=

> just
> trust our luck that kde and other GUI toolkits can be modeled if =
macos,
> windows and gnome can be modeled with a library

Sure, that would be great! Now is the time. Is there a document like=20
"Human Interface Guidelines"  for KDE? We should check such a document=20=

to make sure that we don't violate KDE's requirement. I omitted the=20
Athena/Xt back-end for now as well, since I couldn't find any=20
documentation about user interface guidelines (David?). We surely need=20=

to look at that, too.

Axel.