Proposal: ArgumentDo

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Jul 7 18:50:29 UTC 2016

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 07.07.2016, 13:15 -0400 schrieb Carter Schonwald:
> agreed -1,
> ambiguity is bad for humans, not just parsers.
>
> perhaps most damningly,
> > f do{ x } do { y }
>
> is just reallly really weird/confusing to me,

It is weird to me, but in no way confusing under the simple new rules,
and I am actually looking forward to using that, and also to reading
code with that.

In fact, everything I wanted to pass two arguments in do-notation to a
function I felt at a loss. The prospect of itemizing multiple large
arguments to a function by writing

someFunctionWithManyArguments
  do firstArgument
  do second Argument which may span
       several lines
  do third Argument

is actually making me happy! It feels like going from XML to YAML...

Greetings,
Joachim

--

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner